Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Favorite food straightform the garden

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Favorite food straightform the garden

    What are yalls favorite foods straight from the garden? I love a tomato. Fresh and still warm from being outside in the sun. I guess a cucumber is my second. Then a green onion. YUM YUM
    GO VOLS

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite food straightform the garden

    Radishes.
    Officially retired

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite food straightform the garden

    Corn. Luckily theres so many good things. Grabbed the first mater from the garden yesterday. Squash and cucumbers are awfully good and its about time to take up about a 1000 onions we have set out.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite food straightform the garden

    Man I love corn to. I like the white and yellow mix. Cant think of the name of it.

    Never eat radishes but eat allot of turnips right out of the garden.

    Any of you all ever eat killed lettuce. My mamaw used to make it But I cant remember exactly how. When I try it it doesn't seem to turn out right. Ive gave it hell trying tho
    GO VOLS

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite food straightform the garden

    isnt maize the white/yellow mix?


    mine is cucumbers, no doubt

  6. #6
    Inactive Member The_Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2008
    Posts
    271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite food straightform the garden

    MikeJones, fry some bacon, salt fatback preferably, when it is done, take the grease and pour over your lettuce and onions and add just a little vinegar... Bet it will be like Mommas..

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite food straightform the garden

    There are numerous varieties of corn in yellow, white and mixed. Peaches and Cream is one of my favorite mixed kernel corns. Candy Corn, Ambrosia and golden queen are good yellow corn, and silver queen is a good white corn, but the best by far to me is Incredible. Incredible stays extremely tender even as the ear gets very full, where some corns get very tough and starchy. We put more of it in our garden than any other corn varity anymore.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •